Popular Posts

My Shelf

Isela's bookshelf: read

To Kill a Mockingbird
Looking for Alaska
The Hobbit
An Abundance of Katherines
Anna and the French Kiss
Twilight: The Complete Illustrated Movie Companion
Horns
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Mockingjay
Catching Fire
The Lightning Thief
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Killer Instinct
Paranoia
The Battle of the Labyrinth
'Salem's Lot
The Last Olympian
Eva Luna
Twilight
The House of the Spirits


Isela's favorite books »

About

I'm not a big fan of social networks. I'm a big believer in keeping things to yourself, privacy is important, it makes things special. However, I'm a huge literature fan. I'm always reading! And lately, I've discovered that I have too many ideas about books I've read that I can't share with anybody in real life. And it is not until I've put those ideas into sentences and paragraphs that I can continue successfully with my life. So, it's OK if no one reads this, and it's OK if someone reads and comments on this. What I'm trying to do is to get rid of some of my ideas :) Book recommendations are well received!
Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, April 19, 2014
Book Info

Name: If I Stay
Author: Gayle Forman
Date of publication: April 2nd, 2009




If I Stay was the only book I read this week that made me cry. I read it in only four hours because the writing was easy and it just flowed. I liked the flashbacks, they were well-placed and I think the author focused on telling what was necessary and didn’t wander into unnecessary details. It was really sad, and incredibly human. Accidents and bad things are just waiting to happen. People die, people get hurt. And it was really interesting to see tragedies from a different point of view. Definitely Teddy’s death was heartbreaking, but it was also a reminder that life is fragile. It reminded me that we have to cherish what we have now. And that, as long as we have the choice, we have to try and stay.
The scene of the accident was unexpected and just horrible, the details and the writing are incredible. I'm glad that Mia was not close to Teddy, neither in the aftermath of the accident nor when he died. Obviously, when she found out it was terrible. Her friend Kim is cool, I liked her and Adam too. Though they seem a little too good to be truth.
Her parents are amazing, her family as a whole is freaking cool. I loved the flashback to the Juilliard audition with her grandfather.
There is a sequel, Where She Went, that I'll read as soon as I have time again. However, I'm afraid it will ruin If I Stay for me. Anyway, this is one of my favorite books now. I read it in my Kindle, but I love it so much that I'll try to get it at the bookstore :D

And now there is going to be a movie!! That's AWESOME! You know what is more awesome than a If I Stay movie? That Chloe Grace Moretz is going to be Mia!
I love her and I just watched the trailer and it's going to be heart-breakingly awesome!



Rating: ★★★★★
Favorite character: Mia
Favorite secondary character: Mia's family. Her parents are cool and understanding, and Teddy is adorable :')
Favorite part: I loved the book and have a lot of favorite parts... but I think my most favorite part is when Mia and her family have the barbecue on that holiday that I don't remember right now... At night, they were around the fire and started playing the guitars and then asked her if she could play the cello with them. I love that part.
Favorite quote:
Sleep would be so welcome. A warm blanket of black to erase everything else. Sleep without dreams. I've heard people talk about the sleep of the dead. Is that what death would feel like? The nicest, warmest, heaviest never-ending nap? If that's what it's like, I wouldn't mind. If that's what dying is like, I wouldn't mind that at all.”
Least favorite character:
Least favorite part: The accident was terrible, just awful... the way the author describes the state they are all in is way too real. Also, the part when she realizes Teddy is dead. That part broke my heart.




0 comments: